Thursday 10 February 2011

Tights and Stripes

Having gotten frustrated with the lack of jest in my wardrobe and instead being usually engulfed in flat blacks, greys and blues, (boory bory boooor) last year I went out determined to bring back some pattens, if not just some colour to boost the view into the bland wardrobe.

This resulted in the purchase of some questionably cheap looking white loose trousers from Primark covered in small black misshaped spots which could be mistaken as leopard print. But believe me... it is NOT leopard print.

I also received some similar style trousers from my parents for Christmas from H&M which are deep purple with white Harlequin-esq marks.

Great... patten and colour are ticked off, but the hardest task seems to be able to find the confidence and items to accompany them.

I would love to admit that I am so confidence savvy that I am able to step out of my halls in Bournemouth in the head to toe patten trend that designer John Galliano for S/S11 says is OK...

...with a sheer draping waistcoat to mute the eclectic patterned blue and tangerine

Or in graphic prints plastered over Missoni's collection...

...but somehow I don't think Bournemouth is ready for quite such a collage of crazy acids and lines

My compromise is the combination of tights and stripes, the lovable Breton with monochrome patterned tights that have become so popular. Cute little hearts spread over legs or spots, or bows contrasting against the unified lines.

Below is a proportionate collage of what I wore...


...A loose Breton top from TopShop, underneath, peeping out, a long vest top from New Look, TopShop honeycomb patterned shorts to add to the whole theme, zigzag tights from Accessorise (compromising holes a plenty), and tough biker boots.

A dose of drama taken to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment