Saturday 26 June 2010

No more space for the basics

Clearing out my room seemed an appropriate summer task after returning from my first year at uni. I am now older, wiser and deserve a grown up room. But one thing crossed my mind while I sorted through my childhood possessions that tidied away in drawers and boxes. I don't see how I have accumulated so many clothes, how did I afford all of these? Some of the items, I don't even know why I bought them. Mostly things from Primark that were so cheap I thought that I should buy them. But hardly worn, they now hang, taking up valuable space in my wardrobe. Recently, I have even begun shopping in the men's section of Primark. Its not fair, they get better t-shirt designs which can easily be transformed into a feminine cropped T with a few snips from fabric scissors. They are different and refreshing from the usually stocked mundane women's t-shirts. Surveying my wardrobe however, I have made some great purchases from the big P. My denim jacket has been my goes with anything companion since last summer and is still one of my favorite pieces of clothing. Definitely worthy of the closet space.

Although I know I will never wear some of these items, and I know they are just sitting there unloved. But I cannot bring myself to get rid of some of them! Is it that small chance that I might wear them again? Even though I have hundreds of items to choose from before them. Or is it the fact that even though I don't know why I bought them, I still did? They cost me money so I feel guilty by just chucking them away.

NOTE TO SELF - FROM NOW ON: ONLY BUY KEY ITEMS - NOT RANDOM WARDROBE FILLING CRAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment